Progressively I am making
inroads in building an effective online presence, communicating my brand in a
succinct manner thus bringing out clearly, what I am made of and what I am
capable of achieving in my career.
The ONE award has brought a
number of revelations about my past in that I had made some achievements that
hitherto did not occur to me as career boosting and for which reason I had left
out those achievements in the numbering of my experiences.
Sometimes, the price paid
for not knowing could be as costly as investing into non-productive ventures
with the non-negotiable stance of reaping expected outcomes.
Then comes the transitional
phase where I begin to see the new presence and a future that looks very
predictable on the plane of constant progression at comfort-pace towards an
apex where the status of ‘having achieved’ is conferred by popular acclamation.
Though not having achieved
yet, the transformation that is evolving speaks volume of the new prospects
opening up vis-à-vis an impressive online presence with a constantly expanding
network of new connections.
I find myself enmeshed in a
virtual community where one’s physical aura could be translated into a digital
form with enhanced results.
I have begun the cultivation
of an entire crop of online readership of stories that I produced which
formally for me, was limited to the print.
The feedback that my stories
generate and the pace at which they are being generated sometimes stuns me.
Somehow, I feel my
popularity soaring online and gathering followership at an amazing rate.
My progressive online
presence is attributable mainly to the practical knowledge transferred and
gained through the ONE award.
I have now employed social
media in a professional and social manner that enhances my online presence,
drawing potential employers and interacting with employees of companies I crave
working with.
Beyond all these I am able
to place myself in the stead of professional recruiters and what they look out
for when looking for potential employees.
I began to see the reasons why
some recruiters may not hire an individual even though behind the scenes that
person may be more than qualified for the job.
This era in the 21st
century has brought about a radical change in general communication thus
reducing the entire globe to the level of a close-knit network of increased
interactivity where I feel elated belonging to.
For me, my online presence
serves as a digital store where I upload any bit of information regarding my
accomplishments as a means of boosting my visual identity for various ends.
The most stunning revelation
has been my being spotted by the recruitment bureau of BP, UK who as I want to
believe picked my details from my enhanced presence on LinkedIn and had sent me
a single line email asking me to forward my CV to a BP recruitment address for
consideration.
By and large, I am getting
accustomed to news tools for my professional work as I tweet stories that I
produce for the paper I work for and my followers are always updated and
providing instant feedback.
This has been a crucial
transition for me and it probably bespeaks better days of online goodies for a
good number of ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment